THA & Fair Work Awareness and Education Campaign
As the busy season and high level of activity continues across the industry the THA as your industry representative body has previously advised all members of the random education and compliance campaign undertaken by the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) in the Launceston and North East region of Tasmania. As you are aware the THA as the affiliated associate with AHA our national body, have a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Fair Work and we work in liaison with them to ensure we provide a proactive risk mitigation support service to members and the industry.
Fair Work Process
The Fair Work process if contacted can request time and wages records for audit and if that occurs their inspectors can:
· Assess compliance with minimum wages, overtime, penalty rates, allowances, record-keeping and pay slip obligations in accordance with the Fair Work Act, Fair Work Regulations.
· THA in our role does and will continue to provide advice and support on tools and resources to assist employers understand and comply with their workplace relations obligations.
· If you have not undertaken a self-audit, now is the time see link below.
Upcoming Hospitality Industry Forums
1&2 April West Coast; - Strahan Village
29&30 April Hobart; - Grand Chancellor
6&7 May Launceston; Peppers Silo Hotel, Launceston
27&28 May East Coast; East Coaster, Orford
17&18 June North West Coast; Devonport (Venue to be determined)
· Communication on upcoming Hospitality Industry Forums will be provided across the state and will cover a range of services and networking and leaning opportunities
· These broader forums will include ER awareness sessions and provide question answer opportunities for industry and members on the legislative requirements.
Remember, members at any time can seek assistance with this process and or any areas of concern or upcoming forums by contacting THA.