(and how we can help)
One of the most sought after services the THA offers is our expert HR advice. With a team with over 35 years of HR experience, we provide free support to all of our members online, over the phone and in person.
We have three main goals: to be timely, proactive and value-adding to you and your business. These three tenants compliment our solutions focused approach to provide an excellent experience to all of our members, and with our advice you can always best prepared to resolve an issue before it gets to fair work.
"Our team is membership and relationship driven. We pride ourselves on developing continued and long-term relationships with our members and delivering ongoing value to their workplaces. Workplace relations within the Hospitality industry can be highly complex, with many layers of legislation and regulation to navigate. With intimate knowledge of the sector and many years of experience, we can simplify the process for you, minimise exposure and risk, and ensure you are not only complying with your obligations, but achieving ‘best practice’ in your businesses. As the hospitality industry’s own representative group, when you collaborate with us you can be assured that you’re receiving expert advice, based on intimate knowledge and with genuine concern of the outcomes for your business." - Merv Saltmarsh, Employment Relations & Business Improvement Manager
Free services for members including:
- Recruitment and retention
- Rates of pay, salaries and classifications
- Salary packaging
- Conditions of employment (award or award-free)
- Industrial and Award interpretation
- Negotiation of industrial instruments including individual and collective agreements
- Employment Contracts
- Fair Work Advice and EEO Commission support, as well as representation at hearings
- Performance management, discipline and corrective action
- Workers compensation rehabilitation
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Leave Management including “Sickies”
- Bullying, Harassment and EEO
- Transmission of business
- Termination of employment
- Strategy, Structure and Systems reviews
- Labour and leadership profiling
- Leadership Management
- Policies and Procedures
... and more!
To access to all of our HR services and much more, including the members area of this website, join the Tasmanian Hospitality Association today!