Customs House Hotel is an iconic Waterfront Venue. We are open for breakfast, lunch & dinner 7 days, located on Hobart Waterfront and within walking distance of Salamanca, CBD and across the street from the ferry to MONA.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong work ethic and a passion for food, to further their career in a well established venue. You will report directly to the General Manager and will be responsible for maintaining the effective running of the kitchen.
Main responsibilities include:
· planning and implementation of creative and interesting menus
· developing and leading a dynamic team
· highly focused & hands on approach
· prioritize and multi-task
· have strong communication and organizational skills
· create a positive and proactive work environment
· able to work flexible hours, weekends & nights
· ability to work under pressure
· able to handle ordering, stock take / waste management
· manage the kitchen from front of house to back of house
· knowledgeable on current food trends
· qualification in commercial cookery and at least 2 + years' experience in a management role
· Ability to implement and manage a food safety plan
Remuneration package will exceed industry benchmarks for the successful applicant
This position is only suitable for people with Permanent Australian working rights.